Entering the SLR Awards 2023 is easier than ever thanks to our improved online entry portal.
Simply browse the categories, have a read of the general criteria for entering, then complete the form below. There is no cost and you may enter as many categories as you choose.
For advice on how to optimise your submission and to make your entries as strong as possible for the judges, please email email@example.com.
SLR Awards Entry Support Handbook
We will once again be accepting entries in a number of vital product categories. These categories have been chosen carefully to encompass the key sales and profits drivers in the local retailing sector.
- Bread & Bakery Retailer of the Year
- Confectionery Retailer of the Year
- Food-to-Go Retailer of the Year
- Forecourt Retailer of the Year
- Fresh & Chilled Retailer of the Year
- Newstrade Retailer of the Year
- Off-Trade Retailer of the Year
- Scottish Brands Retailer of the Year
- Soft Drinks Retailer of the Year
- Tobacco Retailer of the Year
In addition to our product categories, we will also be accepting entries in a range of categories created to recognise the outstanding efforts of local retailers across Scotland in key areas of their business.
- Community Retailer of the Year
- New Store of The Year
- Refit of the Year
- Sustainability Retailer of the Year
- #ThinkSmart Innovation Award
- Unsung Hero of the Year
- Special Recognition
- Team of the Year
Once again, the SLR Awards will include a set of categories that will recognise and reward the phenomenal achievements of the UK’s symbol, fascia and franchise groups over the last year.
- Symbol / Fascia/ Franchise Group of the Year
- Symbol / Fascia/ Franchise Community Initiative of the Year
- Symbol / Fascia/ Franchise Innovation of the Year
For Group categories, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an entry form.
- The SLR Awards 2023 are free to enter.
- They are open to all convenience stores in Scotland with the exception of the convenience format stores owned by large supermarket chains.
- The content of all entries should cover the period running from July 2022 to May 2023.
- Your store, or the project you are submitting in your entry, should have been operational throughout the period stated above. The only exceptions to this rule are the New Store of the Year and Refit of the Year categories.
- Each entry must be individual and tailored to the award category.
- Entries can be made by individual businesses, those officially representing them or anyone wishing to nominate a relevant entrant.
- Entries without photos will be discounted.
- The closing date for all SLR Awards 2023 entries is Friday 9 June 2023.
- All entries are subject to our rules of entry.
As always, the judging process for the SLR Awards will span three separate sets of judging processes:
- Paper Judging
Using the published criteria, a panel of expert, experienced and independent judges from across the UK will assess every single entry. Scores will be allocated to each entry and this scoring system will be used to draw up the shortlist in each category.
- Shortlist judging
A team of judges will then personally assess every shortlisted entry in each category, subject to prevailing Scottish Government guidelines. Winners and runners-up will be chosen in each category based on a combination of the final scores, judges’ top preferences and in-depth discussions, depending on category.
- Individual Award Winners
Every category winner will be eligible for consideration (subject to criteria) for the various individual awards including Scottish Local Retailer of the Year. The judging panel will assess every winner and vote for their ultimate winners of the individual categories.
Entries close in
Please use the form below to enter the in-store and in-action categories. For the group categories, please email email@example.com for an entry form.
Fill in some details about you and your store, then choose a category you’d like to enter and answer the relevant questions.
There’s a ‘Save and continue later’ button at the bottom of the form if you want to take your time filling it in.
Once you’ve completed your entry you’ll have the option to submit a further entry. This entry will have your personal and store details already filled in.