As the name suggests, the SLR Rewards will guarantee every category winner on the evening a Reward that will help them improve their business and improve themselves as retailers, leaders and entrepreneurs.
So, with a host of fantastic prizes to be won, make sure you get involved!
- The SLR Rewards 2020 are open to all independent and symbol convenience stores in Scotland. The content of your entry should cover the 12-month period running up to March 2020 and your store, or the project you are submitting in your entry, should have been operational throughout that period.
- Entering is easier than ever – you may now enter multiple categories all from the single entry form below.
- You can also request the entry forms in MS Word format, or if you have any other questions, just get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org | 0141 222 2100
- Don’t forget to read the rules of entry.
- Beers, Ciders, Wines & Spirits
- Crisps & Snacks
- Food To Go
- Fresh, Chilled & Frozen
- New Store
- Community Involvement
- Responsible Retailer
- Scottish Brands
- Soft Drinks
- ThinkSmart Innovation
There are two stages to the judging process:
- The paper judging will be carried out by a judging panel made up of the SLR editorial team plus a team of independent judges. They will vote for the shortlist for each category with every member of the panel carrying equal voting rights.
- All entrants will be contacted by the events team to notify them if they have been selected or not.
- All shortlisted stores will be visited by a member of the judging panel.
- All category winners will be considered for the overall Scottish Local Retailer of the Year award.
- All winners will be announced at the Awards on 11 June 2020.
To help make sure that your entry has the best possible chance of being shortlisted by the judges, here are a few top tips and helpful hints.
Stick to the facts
- Be concise and provide as many reliable facts and figures as you can. Epos data is a great source of information and can add real weight to your argument.
- Don’t skip any questions! Blank spaces in an entry form don’t help the judges and can even hinder your entry.
Make it visual
- A photo is indeed worth a thousand words – so include as many photos as required to illustrate the quality of your entry.
- Feel free to include other visual documentation that might help strengthen your case: letters of commendation, certificates, other awards, newspaper clippings – it’s all good.
- Even better, why not add a short video to enhance your entry and really bring it to life for the judges?
Make it easy for the judges to choose you
- We receive hundreds of entries every year and the judges have to analyse each of them to pull together a shortlist, so don’t give them any excuses to discard your entry at the first stage.
- The judges are instructed to ONLY judge what’s in front of them on the entry forms. They are not allowed to be influenced by information they may already know about your store but which isn’t on the entry form.
- Make sure you are answering the key questions:
- What you have done
- How you did it
- What the results were
- The judges are always on the lookout for innovation, creativity, thought and passion. When compiling your entry, make sure you go above and beyond simply best practice or basic good standards.
- Don’t be afraid to blow your own trumpet, or sing the praises of you and your team. That’s what the Rewards are all about!
- In the special category awards, the judges are seeking those who go that extra mile to deliver something exceptional. Most retailers are doing exceptional things but often fail to mention it in awards entries. Put some detailed thought into your entry to make sure you have a chance of being a winner.
- Be creative! If you’ve got something to say that doesn’t fit neatly into the entry form, feel free to present it however you like: PowerPoint, video, folders of information; it’s all acceptable and can help ensure you have a great chance of being among the winners on the night!
- Good luck!
Please make sure you answer all relevant questions on the entry form as fully as possible. Judges like supporting facts and figures!
Fill in some details about you and your store, then choose which categories you’d like to enter and answer the relevant questions. There’s a ‘Save and continue later’ button at the bottom of the form if you want to take your time filling it in. Good luck!