We will once again be accepting entries in a number of vital product categories. These categories have been chosen carefully to encompass the key sales and profits drivers in the local retailing sector.
- Bread & Bakery Retailer of the Year
- Confectionery Retailer of the Year
- Food-to-Go Retailer of the Year
- Forecourt Retailer of the Year
- Fresh & Chilled Retailer of the Year
- Newstrade Retailer of the Year
- Off-Trade Retailer of the Year
- Scottish Brands Retailer of the Year
- Soft Drinks Retailer of the Year
- Tobacco Retailer of the Year
In addition to our product categories, we will also be accepting entries in a range of categories created to recognise the outstanding efforts of local retailers across Scotland in key areas of their business.
- The SLR Awards 2024 are free to enter.
- Entrants must be 18 years or older at the time of entry.
- The Awards are open to all convenience stores in Scotland with the exception of the convenience format stores owned by large supermarket chains.
- The content of all entries should cover the period running from June 2023 to January 2024.
- Your store, or the project you are submitting in your entry, should have been operational throughout the period stated above. The only exceptions to this rule are the New Store of the Year and Refit of the Year categories.
- Each entry must be individual and tailored to the award category.
- Entries can be made by individual businesses, those officially representing them or anyone wishing to nominate a relevant entrant.
- Entries are only accepted on the official entry form. Supplementary information may be sent to email@example.com.
- Entries without photos will be discounted.
- Hard copies of supplementary information will not be returned.
- The closing date for all SLR Awards 2023 entries is Wednesday 6 March 2024.
- All entrants agree to be visited and photographed and/or filmed for the purposes of judging, if necessary.
- Scottish Local Retailer reserves the right to publish articles online and in print concerning entrants and publish photographs submitted and carry out publicity regarding the entrants.
- Winners will be announced at the awards dinner to be held at the Radisson blu hotel, Glasgow on Wednesday 19 June 2024.
- The judges’ decision is final. Correspondence will only be entered into at the promoter’s discretion.
- The Awards are not open to employees of the sponsors or 55 North Ltd or any agency which is connected with the administration of the competition.
As always, the judging process for the SLR Awards will span three separate sets of judging processes:
- Paper Judging
Using the published criteria, a panel of expert, experienced and independent judges from across the UK will assess every single entry. Scores will be allocated to each entry and this scoring system will be used to draw up the shortlist in each category.
- Shortlist judging
A team of judges will then personally assess every shortlisted entry in each category, subject to prevailing Scottish Government guidelines. Winners and runners-up will be chosen in each category based on a combination of the final scores, judges’ top preferences and in-depth discussions, depending on category.
- Individual Award Winners
Every category winner will be eligible for consideration (subject to criteria) for the various individual awards including Scottish Local Retailer of the Year. The judging panel will assess every winner and vote for their ultimate winners of the individual categories.